Written by Richard Kilgore.
Wild Things Gear has updated the overwhites they build for use by folks who work in snowy and icy places – this probably comes as no surprise to those folks who’re familiar with their superb line of inclement weather gear.
WTG’s overwhites have seen a number of improvements, as you may be able to see in some of these images from SHOT Show 2020. For instance, the White Out Jacket, which now features pit zips, can be rolled up and stashed away in its hood, and the pants have a newly added zipper running bottom to top on either side. Matching pack and helmet covers can be added to the wearer’s frigid weather ensemble.
The garments are made of 70 denier Nylon ripstop with a DWR treatment, in MultiCAm Alpine or Snow MARPAT (seen below), further finished with a near IR suppressant.
- Pants have a stretch waistband, draw cord and 18″ ankle zippers for easy donning and doffing over boots.
- Grommets at cuffs allow for tie down under boots.
- Two front hand, pass through pockets to access under layers
- Rear back storage pocket
- All zippers covered for added protection and to eliminate straight lines through your camo
- Top has full front zip with storm flap.
- Two front side pass through pockets to access internal kit
- Stowable, fully adjustable, helmet compatible hood.
- Adjustable, elasticized drawcord at waist
Pack Cover Features
- Pack Cover comes in three sizesM (3000 in³), L (5000 in³) or XL (7000 in³) to fit most packs
- Adjustable shock cord around the perimeter to ensure a snug, adaptable fit
- Full center line zipper to allow full access to pack
- 4 grosgrain “Logan” loops on the hem to offer additional securing to pack
- Bottom grommet drain hole
Learn more about Wild Things Gear overwhites here: wildthingsgear.com