The LifeStraw® removes 99.99% Bacteria/Parasites, allowing you to safely drink water from contaminated water sources. Its ideal for emergency situations such as earthquakes or floods, or field situations where the local water sources may be questionable.
LifeStraw is manufactured by Vestergaard Frandsen, a Swiss company that specializes in disease control products for developing countries, it won the Time magazine award of “Best Invention of the Year” in 2005, and it has been proven effective in use under harsh conditions worldwide in harsh conditions since its introduction.
Features & Benefits:
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of waterRemoves 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz
- Does NOT use iodine or iodinized resin
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically without impacting shelf life.
- Very durable
Bacteria that it will remove include:
- Escherichia coli
- Vibrio cholerae
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Protozoa that it will remove include:
- Giardia lamblia (“Beaver Fever”)
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica
- Length: 9 inches
- Width: 1 inch
- Weight: 2 ounces
- Construction: durable plastic. Does not require replacement parts or batteries, or any chemicals.
- Capacity: filters up to 264 gallons (1000 liters) of water.
- Shelf Life: 5 years when stored at room temperature. (Product package may state shelf life of 3 years, but this will be corrected on newer packaging. The actual shelf life is 5 years.)
- Comes with a lanyard, and a cap for the mouth piece and end piece
Arms Unlimited are currently offering the LifeStraw at 10% off their regular price, and with free shipping!