S.O.TECH is famous for their innovative and functional designs as well as their commitment to U.S. manufacturing. However, in a slight departure, S.O.TECH has also licensed some of their designs to Paladin for manufacture overseas for the civilian and LE markets where Berry Compliance is not necessary – thereby providing the same S.O.TECH quality and design at a lower price point.
Just looking at the Paladin Mission Pack Expedition, you can see that a lot of thought went into it. Large zipper pulls and easy to use buckles ensure access to your gear even when wearing gloves, and quality stitching ensures years of enjoyment! The pack is hydration ready – though I have not tried it yet – and the spacious main compartment has hook loop covering the back panel that allows for the insertion of mission specific panels made by S.O.TECH. On the interior of the main flap are two mesh zipper pouches for incidentals. I use them for toiletries and spare socks! But they will accommodate anything from your favorite flannel shirt to your teddy bear!
The two pockets on the outside are spacious as well and provide more room for your gear. The upper one is just the right size for my night vision in it’s case plus cooking supplies, where the lower one will accommodate the Mission Go Bag. The whole exterior is covered in webbing and makes expansion or customization a breeze. Plus there is a secret…Grab the large zipper pull on the bottom of the bag and follow it around to reveal a mesh drop-down compartment! This “little” surprise will take your bag from a 3 day pack to a 5 day or provide a place for wet clothes or wet boots!
The straps are customizable for fit as well as the waist belt which is removable and covered in webbing much like their Battle Belt….hmm. I really enjoyed using this pack and look forward to taking it on many upcoming hikes and camp outs this summer!
Here are the raw specs…
- 1,000 Denier Nylon
- 2 large external pockets – lower pocket accepts the S.O. Tech Paladin Go Bag
- Optional drop down pocket that can be retracted when not in use
- Internal ventilated mesh pockets
- Large capacity main compartment
- Removable back panel stiff board
- Double strap adjustment points for easy use with body armor
- 100 oz. hydration compatible
- Padded contoured shoulder straps and back
- Internal 3″ hook-and-loop strip for insertion of mission specific modules
- 2 external cargo pockets
- MOLLE/PALS attachment webbing
- MAIN INTERNAL COMPARTMENT DIMENSIONS: 6″ x 5.5 ” x 20″
- UPPER EXTERNAL POCKET DIMENSIONS: 3.5″ x 11.5″ x 7.5″
- LOWER EXTERNAL POCKET DIMENSIONS: 5″ x 13″ x 11″
- DROP DOWN POCKET DIMENSIONS: 9″ x 13.5″ x 10″
Written by Scott Bain.