St. Cloud, MN-based Maxim Defense, the US company that describes itself as the “…premiere manufacturer in PDW technologies”, has announced the availability of the Maxim Defense PDX in Urban Grey. The Maxim Defense PDX, is chambered in .300BLK, 5.56 NATO, and 7.62×39, had its genesis in USSOCOM.
Born of the SOCOM PDW solicitation, the PDX, Maxim Defense says the PDX: “dominates CQB encounters and puts maximum energy on target.“
Below is the rest of what they advise.
The PDX – which is just 18.75 in. OAL is available in both pistol and SBR configurations. Utilization of the patent-pending Maxim SCWTM system reduces stock length to 4 in., while an integrated BCG with interchangeable buffer weights provides maximum performance and versatility without sacrificing functionality (and, for the aesthetically minded, form).
The PDX™ is also equipped with a newly invented Maxim HATEBRAKE™ muzzle booster. This patent-pending device significantly reduces recoil, decreases the flash signature, pushes gasses and concussion waves downrange away from the operator, and improves overall performance in short barrel pistols and rifles.
- HATEBRAKE™ installed under the handguard
- 2 MOA accurate
- M-Slot compatible handguard
- Military-grade materials [17-4 Stainless Steel, 7075 and 6061 Aluminum]
- SCW buffer-carrier
- HK height rail for a more rigid upper receiver
- Optimized Personal Defense Weapon.
- Increased reliability due to included HATEBRAKE™
- Optimized for low flash signature
- Military tested Rapid Deploying PDW stock
- CALIBERS 5.56 NATO, .300 BLK, 7.62x39mm
- BARREL LENGTH 5.5” / 139.7 mm
- MUZZLE VELOCITY 5.56 NATO, 62gr: 1965 FPS avg. 7.62×39, 124gr: 1675 FPS avg.
- FINISH Urban Grey Hard Anodizing
- OVERALL LENGTH 18.75” / 476.25 mm
- WEIGHT (EMPTY) 5.9 lbs / 2.68 kg
- MUZZLE DEVICE Maxim Defense HATEBRAKE™ Muzzle Booster
- CONFIGURATIONS SCW™ stock system, SCW Pistol
- TRIGGER ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)
Magazines: Each PDX ships with one 20-rd magazine (7.62x39mm 20-rd CPD mags, 5.56NATO 20-rd DHL, .300BLK 20-rd Lancer Systems)
Learn more here-